CUPE 1004 members elect an executive board that is responsible for the local. There are four table officers and twelve unit chairs that make up the composition of the board. Executive board is accountable to CUPE 1004 members. The local elects Trustees to verify that the financial records are in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- Nominations open in January
- The local runs annual elections in March
- Elections are conducted electronically to make it more accessible for all members to participate. All members vote for the table officer and trustee positions. Only members from those specific work groups are eligible to vote for that specific unit chair position.
- Executive board meets at least once per month
- The board is accountable to it’s members, so reports are provided at the monthly membership meetings regarding the activities of the local.
Meet the Team
|President||Andrew Ledger||Portland Hotel Society employee|
|Vice President||Gary Parker||City of Vancouver sewers employee|
|Secretary Treasurer||Frank Lee||EasyPark employee|
|Communications Officer||Dennis Donnelly||Pacific National Exhibition (PNE) employee|
|Equipment Services (City of Vancouver)||Glenn Jones|
|Sanitations & Landfill (City of Vancouver)||Vacant|
|Sewers (City of Vancouver)||Vacant|
|Streets (City of Vancouver)||Michael Lupo|
|Waterworks (City of Vancouver)||Paul Baratta|
|Horticulture (Parks Board)||Bonnie Lynn Duncan|
|Maintenance (Parks Board)||Vacant|
|Pacific National Exhibition (PNE)||Melissa Chambers|
|Portland Hotel Society (PHS)||Andy Healy|
|Small Units||Sarah Silvester|
|Three Year Term||Zoe Towle||Elected in 2015|
|Three Year Term||Ken Howie||Elected in 2016|
|Three Year Term||Akeena Legall||Elected in 2017|