CUPE 1004 members elect an executive board that is responsible for the local. There are four table officers and twelve unit chairs that make up the composition of the board. Executive board is accountable to CUPE 1004 members. The local elects Trustees to verify that the financial records are in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- Nominations open in January
- The local runs annual elections in March
- Elections are conducted electronically to make it more accessible for all members to participate. All members vote for the table officer and trustee positions. Only members from those specific work groups are eligible to vote for that specific unit chair position.
Elections will be held from March 2 – 9, 2020 for the Local 1004 Vice President position (2 year term 2020-2022). The following were nominated and accepted the nomination:
- Gary Parker
- Scott Mcintosh
The following positions were nominated and re-elected by acclamation at the January 14, 2020 Annual General Membership Meeting:
- Communications Officer (2 Yr Term 2020 – 2022 ) Dennis Donnelly
- Unit Chair – COV FMS and Cemetery (14 month term to March 2021) – Frank Warwick
- Unit Chair – COV Sanitation and Landfill (2 Yr Term 2020 – 2022) – vacant
- Unit Chair – COV Streets (2 Yr Term 2020 – 2022) – Michael Lupo
- Unit Chair – Parks (Maintenance, Golf Courses, Railway, Lifeguards) (2 Yr Term 2020 – 2022) – vacant
- Unit Chair – EasyPark (2 Yr Term 2020 – 2022) – Sharon Chu
- Unit Chair – PNE (2 Yr Term 2020 – 2022) Melissa Chambers
- Unit Chair – Small Units (14 month term to March 2021) – vacant
- Trustee – (3 Yr Term 2020 -2023) – Andy Healey
- The Executive Board meets at least once per month.
- The Board is accountable to its members, so reports are provided at the monthly membership meetings regarding the activities of the local.
Meet the Team
|President||Andrew Ledger||Portland Hotel Society employee|
|Vice President||Gary Parker||City of Vancouver Sewers employee|
|Secretary Treasurer||Frank Lee||EasyPark employee|
|Communications Officer||Dennis Donnelly||Pacific National Exhibition (PNE) employee|
|FMS and Cemetery (City of Vancouver)||Frank Warwick|
|Sanitations & Landfill (City of Vancouver)||Vacant|
|Sewers (City of Vancouver)||Raymond (Joe) Ethier|
|Streets (City of Vancouver)||Michael Lupo|
|Waterworks (City of Vancouver)||Paul Baratta|
|Horticulture (Parks Board)||Bonnie Lynn Duncan|
|Maintenance (Parks Board)||Kris Faloon|
|Pacific National Exhibition (PNE)||Melissa Chambers|
|Portland Hotel Society (PHS)||Tuesday Andrich|