CUPE 1004 members elect an executive board that is responsible for the local. There are four table officers and twelve unit chairs that make up the composition of the board. Executive board is accountable to CUPE 1004 members. The local elects Trustees to verify that the financial records are in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- Nominations open in January
- The local runs annual elections in March
- Elections are conducted electronically to make it more accessible for all members to participate. All members vote for the table officer and trustee positions. Only members from those specific work groups are eligible to vote for that specific unit chair position.
The following positions were nominated and elected by acclamation at the January 12, 2021 Annual General Membership Meeting:
- Unit Chair – COV FMS and Cemetery (2 year term 2021-2023) – Frank Warwick
- Unit Chair – COV Sewers (2 year term 2021-2023) – Gary Parker
- Unit Chair – COV Waterworks (19 mo term to March 2023) – Adwin Pal
- Unit Chair – Parks (Maintenance, Golf Courses, Railway, Lifeguards) (14 mo term to March 2022) – Jason Keurvorst
- Unit Chair – Parks (Horticulture and Urban Forestry) (20 mo term to March 2023) – Fraser Hewitt
- Unit Chair – PHS (2 year term 2021-2023) – Tuesday Andrich
- Unit Chair – Small Units (2 year term 2021-2023) – Tim Armstrong
The following positions were elected from the March 2021 elections:
- President – (2 year term 2021-2023) – Andrew Ledger
- Secretary Treasurer – (2 year term 2021-2023) – Frank Lee
- Trustee – (3 year term 2021-2024) – Michael Thompson
- The Executive Board meets at least once per month.
- The Board is accountable to its members, so reports are provided at the monthly membership meetings regarding the activities of the Local.
Meet the Team
|President||Andrew Ledger||Portland Hotel Society employee|
|Vice President||Scott McIntosh||City of Vancouver Streets employee|
|Secretary Treasurer||Frank Lee||EasyPark employee|
|Communications Officer||Dennis Donnelly||Pacific National Exhibition (PNE) employee|
|FMS and Cemetery (City of Vancouver)||Frank Warwick|
|Sanitations & Landfill (City of Vancouver)||Jason LeBlanc|
|Sewers (City of Vancouver)||Gary Parker|
|Streets (City of Vancouver)||Michael Lupo|
|Waterworks (City of Vancouver)||Adwin Pal|
|Horticulture (Parks Board)||Fraser Hewitt|
|Maintenance (Parks Board)||Jason Keurvorst|
|Pacific National Exhibition (PNE)||Melissa Chambers|
|Portland Hotel Society (PHS)||Tuesday Andrich|
|Small Units||Tim Armstrong|