CUPE 1004 members elect an executive board that is responsible for the local. There are four table officers and twelve unit chairs that make up the composition of the board. Executive board is accountable to CUPE 1004 members. The local elects Trustees to verify that the financial records are in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- Nominations open in January
- The local runs annual elections in March
- Elections are conducted electronically to make it more accessible for all members to participate. All members vote for the table officer and trustee positions. Only members from those specific work groups are eligible to vote for that specific unit chair position.
There will be an election in March for the 1004 Vice President Position (2 year term 2018-2020). The nominees are:
Please click on their names to view their bios.
Elections will be conducted online between March 5 and March 12, 2018. If you do not receive your electronic ballot via email by March 6th, please call the 1004 Union office asap at 604-324-2440.
The following positions were nominated and re-elected by acclamation at the January 9, 2018 General Membership Meeting:
- Communications Officer (2 Yr Term – 2018-2020) – Dennis Donnelly
- Unit Chair – COV Sanitation and Landfill (2 Yr Term – 2018-2020) – none
- Unit Chair – COV Streets (2 Yr Term – 2018-2020) – Michael Lupo
- Unit Chair – Parks Maint. & Property Mgmt, Golf Courses, Railroad & Lifeguards (2 Yr Term – 2018-2020) – none
- Unit Chair – PNE (2 Yr Term – 2018-2020) – Melissa Chambers
- Unit Chair – EasyPark (2 Yr Term – 2018-2020) – Sharon Chu
- Trustee – (2 Yr Term – 2018-2020) – Zoe Towle
- Executive board meets at least once per month
- The board is accountable to its members, so reports are provided at the monthly membership meetings regarding the activities of the local.
Meet the Team
|President||Andrew Ledger||Portland Hotel Society employee|
|Vice President||Gary Parker||City of Vancouver sewers employee|
|Secretary Treasurer||Frank Lee||EasyPark employee|
|Communications Officer||Dennis Donnelly||Pacific National Exhibition (PNE) employee|
|Equipment Services (City of Vancouver)||Glenn Jones|
|Sanitations & Landfill (City of Vancouver)||Laurence Cameron|
|Sewers (City of Vancouver)||David Seller|
|Streets (City of Vancouver)||Michael Lupo|
|Waterworks (City of Vancouver)||Paul Baratta|
|Horticulture (Parks Board)||Bonnie Lynn Duncan|
|Maintenance (Parks Board)||Vacant|
|Pacific National Exhibition (PNE)||Melissa Chambers|
|Portland Hotel Society (PHS)||Andy Healy|
|Small Units||Sarah Carrier|
|Three Year Term||Zoe Towle||Elected in 2015|
|Three Year Term||Nicole Baldin||Elected in 2017|
|Three Year Term||Akeena Legall||Elected in 2017|