- March 30, 2020: Update re 2020 CTO Payout (City and Parks)
- March 28, 2020: Framework LOU – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- March 25, 2020: Signed Framework LOU – Workforce Adjustment Measures (City and Parks)
- April 24, 2020: The Municipal Pension Plan (MPP) has created an FAQ about COVID-19 and your pension, including how leaves and layoffs are treated
* * * * * * *
Please refer to the information below for the Parks Board unit.
Bargaining Committee Elections
Nominations were held to elect a Bargaining Committee in preparation for upcoming bargaining. The following candidates were elected to the Parks Bargaining Committee:
Julian Bogas (Alternate)
Download the 2020-2022 Memorandum of Settlement between the City of Vancouver as represented by the Board of Parks and Recreation and CUPE 1004.
Download the 2016-2019 collective agreement between the City of Vancouver as represented by the Board of Parks and Recreation and CUPE 1004.
Refer to the language in the collective agreement for a comprehensive list of employee benefits. Clause 9 of the agreement covers benefits from medical, dental, gratuity, leaves, and more. Download the Green Shield benefits booklet.
Parks Board employees are part of the Municipal Pension Plan.
There is a network of stewards that represent members who work for Parks. If you are looking for your steward information, contact the CUPE 1004 office for the information.
Attendance Management Program
We want to remind City members that they have the right in the collective agreement to have a steward attend Attendance Management meetings. Members should be requesting this, just to ensure that their rights are being respected.
Occupational Health & Safety
Know your rights! Training is key. Workers Compensation Act & Regulations must be followed. Members sit on the Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) Committee to monitor and discuss health & safety related issues or concerns in the workplace.
Disability plan document
Download the disability plan document: 2015 Dec 18 COV & CUPE 1004 Disability Plan Document
Employee Family Assistance Plan
Take advantage of the Employee Family Assistance Plan (EFAP) that is available to you and your family. Visit Homewood Health for more information or call their toll free number at 1(800) 663-1142. Here are some of the areas that they provide services for:
- Health: Nutrition, lifestyle changes, weight management, smoking cessation
- Life Balance: Childcare and parenting, elder and family care, relationships, financial, legal
- Career: Career planning, workplace issues, pre-retirement, shift work
- Life transitions/change
- Other personal issues