CUPE 1004 has a network of stewards that are the backbone of this local. The stewards are often the first point of contact for our members when engaging with the local and are the union representatives in the workplace.
- Provides support for members that are unclear about their responsibilities and benefits laid out within the collective agreement
- Union representative for any disciplinary meetings
- Receive basic steward training
- Stewards are elected by consensus of the work unit, and or
- By appointment of the executive committee
- Elections should take place once per year
Steward Meetings & Training
- Stewards from all work units meets monthly on the third Tuesday of the month to receive important updates and information about the local. During these meetings, the stewards are provided with training to be better prepared to represent members in the work place.
If you are looking for a steward from you work unit, contact the CUPE 1004 office to find out who your steward is and their contact info. If you are not able to reach your steward, we suggest you contact your unit chair or a business agent for assistance.